Hello, friends! Life has been pretty crazy as of late, and I know that my blog has just been sitting here, collecting oodles and oodles of dust. For that, I apologize. I’ve been doing a lot of working out, cleaning, freelance work, and potty training lately (my son, not me, obviously), and time just keeps slipping away from me. A few days ago, we had a home visit and interview to try and get kiddo into the local Head Start program, and I’m waiting to see if we got in. It’s a program that helps families in need, and low income folks, which means it is completely free. Unfortunately, the income requirements are VERY strict. You have to make $20,000 a year to qualify, and we make $21,000. It does not automatically disqualify us, but it means we got pushed down the list quite a bit.
Their school year starts in September, so we’re hoping to hear back in a week or so about whether or not we got in, so we can full prepare. Liam already picked out his backpack, and we’ve gotten several workbooks, flashcards, and books all about what he’ll be learning. If we don’t get in for this year, there’s a decent chance we can get in next year, since we’ll already be on the list. However, since we can’t afford normal preschool or pre-K for kiddo (yeah, we’re pretty damn poor, but apparently not poor enough for state aide, ugh), if we can’t get in at all, then we’re out of luck until he starts Kindergarten, meaning he will get zero classroom experience or socialization beforehand.
Anyway! The real reason I sat down to write this post, aside from the brief update, is because the wonderful Matt, of the Normal Happenings blog, has nominated me for a Super Specific Liebster Award! I urge you all to check out his site, as well as the other nominees, as they are all part of a really awesome collaboration project that we are working on, and it’s already shaping up to be epic.
But, yeah, he also tossed some super specific questions my way to fill out, so here we go!
SUPER SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
- Q1) Ask your best friend/significant other to make an annoying animal sound. How did they react, and what animal did they imitate?
A1) I asked my husband, and he asked me three times why I was asking him to do it. Then, he made a very unenthusiastic “Moo” noise. So… a cow.
- Q2) *POOF* I am your barista. Order your favorite coffee shop beverage exactly as you would in real life.
A2) I actually don’t really drink coffee. If I’m getting a coffee drink, it’s a medium sugar free vanilla iced coffee with two extra creams from McDonalds. If I’m going to Starbucks, I usually get a Refresher. The new Strawberry Acai Refresher is SO good!
- Q3) Do numbers have personalities in your mind? If so, tell me about the personality of the number 6. What’s it’s story? What kind of disposition does it have?
A3) Funny story, but I have a three year old, and he really likes the Leapfrog Numberland animated short. In Numberland, you meet the numbers 1-10, who each actually have their own, unique look and personality. I think the number 6 is a girly girl with a ponytail… but that could be number 8… or 10… I forget. Let’s just say that number 6 is a girly girl with a ponytail. She likes pink, glitter, and fencing.
- Q4) What is your favorite movie title? Not your favorite movie, just the title, irrespective of the quality of the film.
A4) Ooh, that’s a really good question… I don’t normally pay much attention to movie titles unless I like them, and even then, I don’t think much about the titles themselves. I think Thor: Ragnarok is a cool title, as well as one of my favorite movies. Let’s be honest though, all of those Marvel films have cool titles. Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Ultron, etc. Freaking cool, man.
- Q5) Story time! Your best friend suddenly finds themselves in the body of your least favorite animal. Craft a story of five sentences or less with this unfortunate predicament as a central plot mechanic. Bonus points if it’s the same animal they chose to imitate.
A5) Kyle looked across the vast field of green that he found himself in. His new hooves felt strange and heavy in the grass. He could vaguely remember the feeling of grass between his bare toes, but could feel nothing now. He released a low, solemn, “Moo!” into the crisp, farm air. Kyle knew his time left on this earth was short, not because he was destined to be turned into a burger, but because he would never in his life eat anything green. One of his four stomachs gurgled loudly, and he began to weep.
- Q6) Tell me. Do Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo?
A6) I feel like this is some sort of reference that I am just not getting… sorry!
- Q7) Tell us about the most boring game show you could ever imagine.
A7) Unless there are obstacle courses involved, or crazy stunts, I think most game shows are already pretty boring.
- Q8) Useless Superpower Bedbug: The Return!
Which of the following useless superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to randomly add cat meows to every song on the radio
– The ability to randomly add the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story to even the most intense of any movie scene
– The ability to randomly add Owen Wilson saying “WOW” to any line of dialog in a video game
A8) Definitely the ability to add Owen Wilson’s “Wow!” to any line in a video game. Can you imagine the memes that would come from that? And the YouTube views if you choose to film Let’s Plays? So good!
Q9) What is the hexadecimal color code for your favorite color?
- Q10) On a scale of one to 15,742.58, how do you feel about these super specific questions?
A10) I love them, honestly! They’re pretty nostalgic for me, because back when I first started blogging, I would seek out these super specific, random, quirky questionnaires to fill out and post. When I moved over to YouTube, and started vlogging, I did them there, too. And when I used to podcast, I would answer random questions that folks would send in. Definitely my jam!
And there you have it! All 10 questions, asked by Matt, and answered by me. Don’t forget to check out Matt’s blog, and to take a look at all of the other participants. You can look forward to more content from me in the near future. Hopefully. Maybe.
Thanks for reading, friends!